[Haskell-cafe] Using stringize and string concatenation in ghc preprocessing

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 20:15:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
wrote:

> Do you have any evidence to support this statement? I ask because if
> what you say is true, most companies willfully and severely restrict
> their options.

I suppose Apple isn't evidence. Perhaps Apple is a figment of my
imagination? And no, they are not a singleton.

Additionally, it's not hard to find past discussions of integrating cpphs
into ghc, which were effectively blocked by many people reporting that
corporate lawyers would force them to stop using ghc if it happened.

GPL3 is *toxic* in the corporate world. Doesn't matter what RMS and co.
claim outside the license itself; what decides reality is what lawyers
determine from the working of the license, and their willingness to face
court challenges based thereon.