[Haskell-cafe] Calling Haskell from C

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:46:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:35 PM, <dominic at steinitz.org> wrote:

> $ otool -L a.out
>
> I said "-l". "-L" shows how it resolves shared objects; "-l" dumps the
load commands table, which includes RPATH entries that tell it how to
resolve @rpath.

> DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/dom/Library/Haskell/ghc-
> 8.0.1/lib/test-via-c-0.1.0.0/bin:/Library/Frameworks/GHC.
> framework/Versions/8.0.1-x86_64/usr/lib/ghc-8.0.1/rts
> ~/Dropbox/Private/TestU01-1.2.3/examples/src $ ./a.out
>
> This is odd, unless Apple changed things yet again (I should not be
surprised, the loader stuff is about as stable as water /o\ )

It’s not clear to me why it’s looking for `gcc/5` which is not installed
> when it looks as though it should be looking for `gcc/6`.

That might be indicated by the RPATH entries, since
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH changes how lookups work (so does
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, in a different way, which is why it's dangerous).