[Haskell-cafe] brainstorm help

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Wed Jan 11 23:13:55 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-11 23:55, Michael Litchard wrote:
> Hi There.
>
> I'm looking for ideas to flesh out a writing project I'm beginning.

Writing project? I'm guessing it's not "creative writing" per se. Is it
a series of blog posts, or...?

> What I am looking for is a set of five games in increasing complexity that
> would allow for a wide discussion of Haskell. I originally began this
> project by centering the writing around one large game, but this idea
> has proven to be brittle. The set of five should include a discussion of:
>
> (1) Types
> (2) folds, maps, filters
> (3) monoids, functors, applicatives, and monads
>
>  Thanks for what ever storms your brains bring forth. :)

At the highest level complexity I'd suggest reading[1] and trying
something like Azad, though it obviously doesn't necessarily have
easily-codified rules, per se.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Player_of_Games