[Haskell-cafe] [Announce] ZuriHac 2017

Jasper Van der Jeugt m at jaspervdj.be
Tue Feb 28 18:24:14 UTC 2017

Hello all,

It is our pleasure to announce ZuriHac 2017, which will take place on
9th to 11th of June, 2017.

The Haskell Hackathon is an international, grassroots collaborative
coding festival whose goal is to expand the community and to build and
improve Haskell libraries, tools, and infrastructure. This is the
already the 6th Haskell Hackathon in Zurich!

This year, we are privileged to enjoy keynotes from:

- Edward Kmett
- Julie Moronuki
- Neil Mitchell
- Stephen Diehl
- Simon Thompson

This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow Haskellers in real
life, find new contributors for your project, improve existing
libraries and tools or even start new ones!

This event is open to any experience level, from beginners to gurus.
We will have a dedicated beginners' track, and there will be mentors
on site whom you can directly approach during the whole event with any
Haskell-related question you have.

We will be hosting the Hackathon in a new location [1] near the lake
which provides space for up to 300 people! Experience from the
previous years tells us these places might be gone quickly, so don't
wait too long to register.

You can find more information and register for the Hackathon here:

http://zurihac.info

We would also like to thank our sponsors Digital Asset [2], Google
Open Source Programs Office [3] and HSR [4] for supporting this great
event!

Looking forward to see you there,
the Zurich HaskellerZ meetup group

[1]: https://zurihac.info/#venue