[Haskell-cafe] What does "1 = 2" mean in Haskell?

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:27:29 UTC 2017

Pattern match in a function definition is different. Here the pattern match
is actually being used as part of the function definition.  We were trying
to figure out the usefulness of non-function pattern matches which do not
result in a binding. The assert case pointed out by Brandon is one example.
Though not so useful.

-harendra