[Haskell-cafe] -Werror -Woverlapping-patterns -fglasgow-exts ?

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Feb 21 13:13:24 UTC 2017

Dear Cafe,

I want to chase overlapping patterns in a larger code base.
So I use  -Werror -Woverlapping-patterns .

But the code also needs  -fglasgow-exts
and this makes compilation stop right at the beginning, with
"warning:   -fglasgow-exts is deprecated: ..."
which will be turned into an error because of -Werror

-Wno-warnings-deprecations does not help,
apparently that warning is not a deprecation.

Is there a way to get -Werror for specific warnings?

- J.