[Haskell-cafe] RFC 822 date parser

David Turner dct25-561bs at mythic-beasts.com
Fri Feb 17 13:12:03 UTC 2017

On 17 Feb 2017 13:00, "Ivan Lazar Miljenovic" <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com>
wrote:

On 17 February 2017 at 22:34, David Turner
<dct25-561bs at mythic-beasts.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a more up-to-date parser for RFC822-formatted dates
than
> the one I can find in the `time-http` package? That package hasn't been
> touched in a while and its dependencies seem rather dated.

Data.Time.Format in the time package has a specified RFC822 format
string that looks like it can be used with it's parser.

So it does. Right down at the very bottom, I never noticed it before. It's
not fully compliant (the day-of-the-week is optional) but otherwise great.

Happstack seems to have an RFC822Headers module that might have something.

timerep on Hackage also has an RFC822 module.

That's the badger! No idea how I missed it, that looks like the one to use.

Thanks very much,

David