[Haskell-cafe] Myrtle Software is hiring for Haskell positions in Hardware and Machine Learning!

Joe Hermaszewski joe at myrtlesoftware.com
Tue Feb 14 12:31:33 UTC 2017

Myrtle is looking for multiple skilled Haskell developers to join our
growing development team writing a compiler for generating highly efficient
hardware designs implementing machine learning solutions.

We use Haskell for every aspect of our work and developers will get the
chance to be involved in every part of the project. As an example, some
things we’ve worked on recently are a tiny CPU to implement a custom
network protocol to communicate between a PC and an FPGA and a Haskell
implementation of part of the Caffe deep learning framework.

Specific tasks you could be working on soon include: implementing fixed
point neural network evaluation support in our compiler, supporting AWS F1
instances as a backend, investigating and implementing exciting techniques
for neural network evaluation such as the Winograd small convolution
algorithm and realising full hardware implementations of existing neural
networks.

A familiarity and interest with hardware design would be viewed positively
but is not essential. Applicants should be familiar with Unix based
systems; all our development is done on Ubuntu or NixOS.

Applicants should send a resume and covering email, stating your
suitability for this role, to jobs at myrtlesoftware.com. Please include any
links to blog posts, repositories or any other media which demonstrates
your skill set.

Roles will be based at our offices in Cambridge, UK.

Closing date for applications 5pm, 13th March 2017

About Myrtle

Myrtle is a software company based in Cambridge UK with a long history of
working at the forefront of compiler technology. We are best known for
having helped produce computer generated images for over twenty major
Hollywood movies including the Transformers franchise. Myrtle’s clients
have included NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies in LA, Vancouver and London.

--

Joe

https://www.myrtlesoftware.com/vacancies/