[Haskell-cafe] Sublime2/3 hsdev patch: testers needed

Scott Michel scooter.phd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 06:40:09 UTC 2017

Was wondering if there are any Sublime Text users out there who also use
hsdev as their Haskell IDE backend. I'd recently (within the last 2 weeks)
encountered random lockups, error messages about resources no longer
available. I was able to track them down to half-closed pipes and ended up
revamping subprocess interaction. So far, I have left a SublimeText session
open for 3 days, done some fair amount of work and haven't had any problems.

If you are a SublimeText 2/3 hsdev user and are comfortable with checking
out Sublime packages directly from github, I could use some extra help
shaking out the code to ensure that it is as robust as I think it is. The
URL to my Github fork is:

https://github.com/bscottm/SublimeHaskell.git

Once you've cloned my fork, check out the 'stderr_stdout' branch and test
away -- I'm looking for unexpected lockups (e.g., when you've saved a file
and ST's status line says "... Checking and Linting" forever.)

Thanks!

-scooter