[Haskell-cafe] Cleanup obsolete stack stuff (compiler, libraries, etc.)

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:00:16 UTC 2017

> I want to perform some cleanup deleting obsolete compilers located in
> ~/.stack folder. I know stack places them into ~/.stack/programs/<
> platform>/ directory, however I think there are also should be something
> else related, e.g. docs and libs, and especially packages that was built
> when I used old LTS snapshots. [...]
It's good to hear that I'm not alone with such an obvious(?) undocumented
use case... :-) I often want to say something like "Nuke away everything
related to nightly-X-Y-Z" (garbage-collecting away any GHC on the way, too)
or "Nuke GHC X.Y and all related snapshots". The last time I looked at
stack's documentation, I couldn't figure out how to do that, so from time
to time I completely remove ~/.stack, but that can't be the recommended way
to do this. ~/.stack gets *huge* after some time, so some easy
administrative interface for it would be nice.