[Haskell-cafe] Trouble building happy/alex with Stack lts-9.20

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Sun Dec 24 16:04:32 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

I'm trying to update my language project to happy >= 9.16, so I can use
typeclass-based parsers.  Unfortunately, I'm running into build errors
after switching to lts-9.20.  The log file is attached.

I see similar problems when trying to build alex (the lexer generator).

It seems to be claiming that there is no cabal file, which is odd, as
there clearly is one (in the source at least).

Has anyone else seen this problem, and if so, what is the workaround?