[Haskell-cafe] The Definition of Haskell

Jonathan Paugh jpaugh at gmx.com
Sun Dec 17 22:02:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

Many parts of the language are formally specified in papers written by SPJ, or someone else who worked closely on that feature. For example, certain modifications to the type system are described here [1].

Check out SPJ's Microsoft Research page for other papers [2]. I seem to recall reading a formal definition of Haskell Core, but can't recall whether it was in one of these papers or not.

Cheers,
Jon

[1]: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/publication/practical-aspects-evidence-based-compilation-system-fc/
[2]: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/people/simonpj/?from=http%3A%2F%2Fresearch.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fpeople%2Fsimonpj%2F