[Haskell-cafe] how to run in bounded space?

Ben Doyle benjamin.peter.doyle at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:21:54 UTC 2017

This sounds like Edward Yang’s work on resource limits:
http://ezyang.com/papers/ezyang13-rlimits.pdf

I don’t think the relevant patches ever made it into GHC.
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7763 They weren’t rejected either.
It seems like a case that just needs more interested people.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:23 AM Johannes Waldmann <
johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:

> Dear Cafe.
>
> is there an easy way (in GHC Haskell)
> to run a computation until it (times out or)
> requires more than X  MB of heap?
>
> (the main program  has a larger heap,
> but the computation should use some part of it only)
>
> This would be nice for automated tests

with predictable resources especially  (time and space).