[Haskell-cafe] Taking over a maintainership on hsyslog-udp

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 17:07:43 UTC 2017

> I'd like to take over a maintainership of the hsyslog-udp package [0]. I
> wrote Jon few days ago and got no response, so I'm acting as per the
> "taking over" instructions [1]

The last commits on the project's GitHub page were done just 3 days ago,
and the project is part of an organization (ThoughtLeadr). So the right
first step would be contacting the organization via GitHub, e.g. the issue
tracker. Furthermore, I don't think that "a few days" count as "a
reasonable time to respond". Taking over maintainership is a sledgehammer,
which should be used cautiously. I don't think anybody would be happy to
see their projects hijacked after e.g. a longer vacation...

Cheers,
   S.