[Haskell-cafe] Crossreferenced codebase for Stackage LTS 9.2 available

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Aug 31 18:31:54 UTC 2017

Am 31.08.2017 um 13:23 schrieb Niklas Hambüchen:
> I think it will help a lot to decide whether or not we can
> change/deprecate a certain function, as now we can really easily judge
> how many callers it has.

It does not (and cannot) tell you about caller code that is not on Hackage.
If you have a low-level library then that information is still better
than nothing, but if your code is a public API this information is
almost worse than nothing.

Just saying, having seen some people deprecate stuff just to be caught
in the backlash :-)

HTH
Jo