[Haskell-cafe] To merge package documentation with the platform doc tree

John Beattie jkb at jkbsc.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 21:06:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

Suppose I download a package and install it. I would like to be able to have
the html documentation for that package and I would like it to be integrated
with the local doc tree in the haskell platform.

Is this a recognised usecase and is there a recommended way to do that?

My first thought was to use haddock but I haven't managed to work out if there
is a combination of haddock options which would get me there.

As an alternative, I was wondering about cloning the GHC platform source and
pasting the new library into the source tree alongside the other libraries and
building the documentation.  I might have to tweak a makefile or somesuch but
would that work?

Thanks,
John Beattie