[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Compose :: Melbourne Conference and Unconference [Melbourne, Australia - August 28 & 29]

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 06:18:48 UTC 2017

Since I don't believe I've updated Haskell Cafe since this year's CFP, on
behalf of the Melbourne Committee I'm sending a last-minute reminder that
Compose :: Conference Melbourne is running this Monday and Tuesday the 28th
and 29th!

All information is available online at http://www.composeconference.org/

Tickets are on sale for Day-One on Eventbrite: https://www.
eventbrite.com/e/compose-melbourne-2017-tickets-34612742645

Programme: http://www.composeconference.org/2017-melbourne/day-one-program/

The second day (unconference) is free for all and will feature workshops,
talks, and many other organised and disorganised activities!

Unconference Information: http://www.composeconference.org/2017-
melbourne/unconference/

Follow the Melbourne event on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ComposeMelb

About Compose and Compose :: Melbourne

Compose is a conference for functional programmers, focused on technologies
such as Haskell, Scala, Clojure, OCaml, F#, SML and others.

Functional programming has been taken up widely, by industry and hobbyists
alike. For many of us it has renewed our belief that code should be
beautiful, and that programming can be as enjoyable as it is practical.
Compose is about bringing together functional programmers of all levels of
skill and experience — from technical leads to novices, and from long-time
hackers to students just getting started.

Our experiences have shown that the theoretical can be put into practice
with great success, and that topics once considered “advanced” can be made
understandable and spread widely. For example, type systems, often
considered complex, can simplify our lives by teaching compilers to do some
of our reasoning for us.

Compose Conference began in New York in 2015.

Warm Regards,

 - Lyndon