[Haskell-cafe] cabal update problem?

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Aug 17 09:01:33 UTC 2017

This is the expected new behavior in cabal 2.0, due to usage of Hackage
Security. The new tarball is much larger since it keeps all revisions of a
cabal file from all time (though I'm honestly surprised to hear it's 4
times the size). The additional files have to do with new features in
Hackage Security, like mirroring and incremental updates.