[Haskell-cafe] FFI and a struct containing a string and allocating memory space

Zemyla zemyla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 05:20:12 UTC 2017

Then have a separate struct and datatype for the last three fields,
and make that Storable. Alternatively, look into using ForeignPtrs, so
you can have the finalizer free the memory for the EventInfo.

Another thing you might try instead, if you have control of the code,
is to change EventInfo to

struct EventInfo {
    int year;
    int month;
    int day;
    char event_name[1];
};

and use the variable-sized-struct-array trick whose actual name I don't know.