[Haskell-cafe] install problems

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 03:33:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Gregory Guthrie <guthrie at mum.edu> wrote:

> I had a similar problem once, and the issue was that the autoconf script
> didn’t allow paths with spaces,
>
> Odd since Haskell installs into “Haskell Package” on windows.

Many package developers only work on Unix/Linux and don't test on Windows.
Haskell is not a monolith controlled by a single entity that guarantees
that everything always works everywhere.

You are probably better off overriding the installation to use a path not
containing spaces, or sticking to packages known to work on Windows (you
may need to find this out by asking around).