[Haskell-cafe] Haskell plugin dynamic linking issue

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:41:10 UTC 2017

You can try using ghc directly (instead of cabal) so that you have full
control over what flags are passed, like this:

ghc -fPIC -dynamic -package xx -c plugin.hs
ld -shared -Bsymbolic -L<path to rts lib> -lHSrts-ghc8.0.2 -o plugin.so
plugin.o

If this works then you can find what is wrong/different with your cabal
setup by using verbose flags and looking at what is being passed to ghc.

-harendra