[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] etc-0.0.0 Declarative configuration spec for Haskell projects

Román González romanandreg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:53:46 UTC 2017

Is my pleasure to announce a new library for managing configuration values
on Haskell projects.

Some features:

* Have a versioned spec of all values your application can accept

* Provides an API for gathering values from multiple sources (files,
overwrite files, cli arguments, environment variables) and then composing
them into a single configuration map

* Gives a sane precedence over sources of the configuration value sources

* Provides inspection utilities to understand why the configuration is the
way it is

* Provides an API that abstracts away the source of configuration values
and allows easy casting into record types your application or other
libraries understand

* Supports both configuration files in JSON or YAML (when cabal flags are
used)

* Dynamically generates CLI inputs from spec configuration file

Any feedback, or comments feel free to create a ticket or send me a tweet
over at @romanandreg

Cheers.

Roman Gonzalez.-