[Haskell-cafe] typeclass for rest resource clients

Jan von Löwenstein jan.loewenstein at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 13:34:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

for a project of mine I want to abstract away the rest resources (client
side) and provide a stub implementation of the backend that I can use for
testing.

I thought about a StateT based stub instance, however one of the methods
besides the usual crud stuff should be `waitFor` so that I can wait for
resources to reach a certain state. Very concretely I want to create
kubernetes pods and have my code wait until the pod is `Running`.

What would I have to throw into the mix in order to have a stub that
creates a pod and only later changes the status to `Running`?

Any thoughts, advice or hint?

Best
Jan