[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] Branch Streaming (was GHC is a monopoly compiler)

Tony Day tonyday567 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 21:20:54 UTC 2016

I've actually looked down that particular rabbit hole.  Here's a link to a
monoid for pipes that represents a branch:

https://github.com/tonyday567/pipes-extended/blob/master/src/Pipes/Monoid.hs#L81

For flavour, the computation involves hoisting and lifting back and forth
over several layers, as the various meta-physical wires cross.  That was
years ago, but I haven't seen anything since.  It looks like Pipes is the
wrong abstraction point to stream with branching.  I wonder what is?