[Haskell-cafe] Batteries included (Was: GHC is a monopoly compiler)

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Tue Sep 27 23:21:37 UTC 2016

Batteries included is a bad idea when the community is this divided.
Relative no-brainer topics in other communities like how text should
be represented are highly contentious.

I'd sooner see some basic test cases hammered out and integrated into
base before a real attempt at this is launched. Something that would
help the Cabal devs.

Chris Allen
Currently working on http://haskellbook.com