[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] GHC is a monopoly compiler

Tony Day tonyday567 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 09:03:49 UTC 2016

Thanks to you both.

> mailinglists (such as cafe — look, it worked!)

I'm totally sold on this new-fangled mailing list thing. It's like slack
for adults who like to shuffle at their own pace.

> Not thorough enough I say, as a sworn enemy.

I'm not really - I was kind of glad when they installed Haskell Platform
with batteries so I could prove a point, if only to myself, that stack was
the better choice, but it's been smooth sailing except for this one bug.
I've been able to install everything I need, how I need it.  I imagine
there's a system ghc out there somewhere, but it's benign to my workflow.

I think I unfairly identify HP with cabal hell, and then the flashbacks
trigger.