[Haskell-cafe] Debugging hanging template Haskell

Cody Goodman codygman.consulting at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 00:23:58 UTC 2016

Can you use the ghci debugger to do this? I tried adding a piece of
template Haskell to the frames library and now compilation never terminates:

https://github.com/acowley/Frames/pull/59

One compiler warning warned me of overlapping instances in relation to my
ZonedTime lift instance which could totally be wrong.

I have a feeling maybe the overlapping instances could be making
compilation hang, but I'm not sure.

I'm more looking for help on how to move forward and keep debugging this
than an answer, but if you only have time for an answer I'll gladly do the
reverse engineering work to teach myself.

Thanks all!