[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell-community] technical thoughts on stack

Patrick Pelletier code at funwithsoftware.org
Wed Sep 14 20:20:59 UTC 2016

On 9/14/16 1:10 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:
> I see what is meant now, but it's not really applicable. If I am
> co-developing a package and its dependencies, I add them as packages
> (not deps) to my stack.yaml and still get the warnings.
>
> Example:
>
>  From the stack.yaml for the package that uses my previous example's library:
>

> packages:
> - '.'
> - ../simple-library
>

> Then stack build'ing the project (uses-sl) that depends on
> simple-library which as a module with a warning:

Hmmm... that is what I'm doing.  My stack.yaml contains:

packages:
- normalization-insensitive/
- photos/
- unicode-transforms/

The package I'm developing is normalization-insensitive, but I need
unicode-transforms as a dependency.  (And at the time,
unicode-transforms was not available on hackage, so I had to check it
out locally.)  And then photos is a simple application that uses
normalization-insensitive.

But when I do "stack build", it does not print the warnings for
normalization-insensitive.

--Patrick