[Haskell-cafe] A Procedural-Functional Language (WIP)

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Oct 27 05:17:33 UTC 2016

Am 27.10.2016 um 01:05 schrieb Richard A. O'Keefe:
> This means that in the foreseeable future we are going to need
> to learn a new style of programming because the antique style,
> as exemplified by say Java, just isn't going to scale.

I think you underestimate the adaptability of existing languages.

Java has been preparing to move towards immutability&FP. At glacier-like
speed, admittedly, but once those massively multicore systems appear,
Java will be prepared to move.

Haskell can claim to be already there, but wrt. how many issues have
been staying unaddressed, it's no better than Java, it's just different
issues.
IOW this is not a predetermined race.