[Haskell-cafe] What did you/do you find hard/dislike about Opaleye?

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2013 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 22:06:19 UTC 2016

I'm planning to update and refresh Opaleye's documentation and add some new
functionality for common use cases. To help with this I'd like to request
input from anyone who has ever tried the library.

Specifically, what do you (or did you) find hard about using Opaleye and
what did you dislike about it? If you tried it and gave up, what was the
major sticking point?

I'm already aware that many people dislike the boilerplate involved in
defining your tables and types, and the polymorphic products are
particularly uncomfortable for some. You don't need to mention these issues
unless you particularly want to!

Feel free to contact me privately or reply directly. Many thanks.

Tom