[Haskell-cafe] Wiki account Request

Ruben Astudillo ruben.astud at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:51:39 UTC 2016

On 22/10/16 10:39, Malcolm Wallace wrote:

> On 22 Oct 2016, at 10:29, Siddharth Bhat wrote:
>> Also, I think it's a little ridiculous to have this be a closed thing
>> (I can't simply register to the wiki). Shouldn't the barrier to entry
>> be _lowered_?
>
> It is necessary to guard against spambots that auto-register
> themselves and then destroy the value of the wiki.
>
> Regards,
>     Malcolm

As currently stands, too little people can even edit the wiki know,
those are humans! you know? :-D . Now in all seriousness, how do other
wikis handle this issue? I know wikipedia filter blocks of IP & records
who-did-who to see bad behaving actors, maybe this is too much for our
case? what does for example the archwiki in this regard? (I will ask
them)

-- Ruben