[Haskell-cafe] A backhanded compliment and a dilemma

Tobias Dammers tdammers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:47:14 UTC 2016

All joking aside, I'm afraid we must face the reality that the kind of
programmer who is willing to go through great lengths to get reasonably
correct and maintainable code is the exception, not the norm. Even in
fields where extreme levels of certainty and confidence are required (think
avionics, medical devices, nuclear installation, weapons), the preferred
strategy still seems to be rigid processes and lots of manual labor.
Obviously events like the Ariane 5 incidents aren't helpful there.