[Haskell-cafe] Easy cross platform CI testing of Haskell packages

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:40:48 UTC 2016

Hi Peter,

I was not aware of that script, thanks for the pointer. multi-ghc-travis is
more high level as it generates the travis config using the cabal file's
tested-with field, something that was on my todo list. My script is a shell
script to be invoked from a travis/appveyor.yml config. It can potentially
be used in place of the shell snippets generated by multi-ghc-travis. So I
can compare the shell part of the two, some differences that I can see on a
quick look:

* package-test is more general, it works for windows as well
* It can be run easily on your local machine as well which is convenient
for debugging any failures or if you just want to test on local machine
instead of travis.
* It supports cabal as well as stack for testing
* It tests from source distribution to make sure the generated source dist
is not broken
* It has a simple knob to send coverage info to coveralls.io

-harendra