[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] [ANN] xls-0.1.0 Parse MS Excel spreadsheets

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:56:56 UTC 2016

On 17 October 2016 at 15:02, Henning Thielemann <
lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> Btw. I recently found out that a pretty nice and simple format for
> interchange between Haskell, Excel and LibreOffice is the Excel 2003 XML
> format. It supports Unicode, hyperlinks, merged cells, font styles,
> formulas, reliable number formats (no hassle with decimal point vs. decimal
> comma) - neither CSV nor HTML supports all of these features.

Do you directly interpret the XML or there is a higher level package to do
so? Why not use Office Open XML, the 2007 format?

One way to interpret the older formats like BIFF/Excel-97 could be to
convert them to the newer ones and then parse it as the newer format. That
way we will have to deal with only one format. Are there any such
lightweight, command line based converters available?

-harendra