[Haskell-cafe] Creating a instance for (Storable Text)

Cody Goodman codygman.consulting at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 18:20:50 UTC 2016

Any ideas on how I'd write this instance? I know for it to be storable it
needs a size, couldn't I just get the length of the text? Has anyone did
anything similar?

I ran into a surprise when trying to use storable-record and
derive-storable and tried using them with a record that contained a Text
field.

My end goal is having a vector of records that could contain Text, UTCTime,
or other similarly complex types which I can write as an mmap to disk and
then read back to the original format.

Thanks!