[Haskell-cafe] difficulty writing GEq instance

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Sun Nov 20 18:37:39 UTC 2016

I was just writing a blog post related to that.

You’d need to use

newtype GTag xs a = GTag { unTag :: NS ((:~:) a) xs }

Then you can recover needed type equality.

https://gist.github.com/phadej/bfdffc3bd5ba6ce4f586bb988a8d399c <https://gist.github.com/phadej/bfdffc3bd5ba6ce4f586bb988a8d399c>

Alternatively:
You could use `NS Proxy xs`, but than it’s much easier to make a mistake.

- Oleg