[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Ginger: Jinja-like HTML templates for Haskell

erik eraker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:36:21 UTC 2016

This look really interesting. I especially appreciate all the
documentation.

I did have a question, though, from looking at the Readme, about what the
context looks like.

For instance, your example in the Readme iterates over items and puts
`item.url` into the template, but that dotted lookup looks weird to me when
I think about the haskell data types getting injected into the template. Is
that a list of Haskell records? Anyway, it might be worth including a
sample context in the Readme, to complete that example.

More broadly, I realized that there may be some mental paradigm shifts I
would have to do when going from Haskell to Jinja or vice versa.

It looks like a solid effort, though, and very interesting.