[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Ginger: Jinja-like HTML templates for Haskell

Tobias Dammers tdammers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:05:49 UTC 2016

Dear Cafe,

I've been working on this for a while now, and figured now is as good a
time as any to announce it properly, so here it is.

https://ginger.tobiasdammers.nl/

Ginger is a Haskell implementation of Jinja (http://jinja.pocoo.org/),
the best-of-breed in the "DOM-agnostic HTML template engines for Python"
arena (or at least I think it is).

The reason I built this is because upon researching HTML templating
solutions for Haskell, I noticed that almost all of them are
typesafe compile-time solutions (either EDSLs or something TH/QQ), which
is awesome but doesn't fit my use cases. I believe I am not alone here.

Code is on github:
https://github.com/tdammers/ginger

And also on bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/tdammers/ginger

And of course Ginger is available from hackage:
http://ginger.tobiasdammers.nl/

Any kind of feedback is very welcome.

Thanks for your time!

- Tobias