[Haskell-cafe] is it normal for docs to be pending for 24 hours?

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:35:00 UTC 2016

> Hackage and Stackage serve different purposes.  Hackage is all packages,
> while Stackage is a curated set of packages.  (Therefore, Hackage is
> essentially the "upstream" of Stackage.)  We shouldn't give up on Hackage.

I know I'm jumping into a very, very touchy topic, but isn't the following
possible:

* Stackage & Hackage combine -- even the .cabal & .stack file formats (if
possible)
* The combined entity supports curated packages (via LTS) AND a global
free-for-all package list. I, as a user, get to decide how I want my
packages to be resolved -- via a curated LTS or via the global package
* The combined entity focuses on building a kickass, unified, piece of
community infra, instead of dividing effort+resources and solving similar
problems twice.

-- Saurabh.