[Haskell-cafe] Getting Haddock docs onto Hackage (using Stack)

Patrick Pelletier code at funwithsoftware.org
Fri Nov 11 00:30:40 UTC 2016

On 11/10/16 9:29 AM, de Buitléir, Amy wrote:
> But now I've migrated from Cabal to Stack, and the old script no
> longer works. I can modify it to work with Stack, but is there a
> better way?

My guess would be to use Stack to set up your environment, and then do
something like "stack exec -- cabal upload --documentation", but I
haven't tried that.

> Should I instead use the "delete documentation and trigger rebuild"
> button on Hackage?

I tried that button when I was having trouble with documentation, and it
didn't work for me.

> Here's the package in question:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/grid-7.8.7

If you (or anyone else out there) would like me to upload docs for you,
I'd be happy to do so.  Just add me to your package's maintainer group.
I've already done this for the SFML package:

https://github.com/SFML-haskell/SFML/issues/7

and I'd be happy to do it with other packages, at least until I get
swamped with requests.  I think having up-to-date documentation on
Hackage is really important, and I'm happy to help out to achieve this goal.

--Patrick