[Haskell-cafe] is it normal for docs to be pending for 24 hours?

Patrick Pelletier code at funwithsoftware.org
Thu Nov 10 23:32:56 UTC 2016

On 11/9/16 2:35 PM, Tom Ellis wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 01:11:14PM -0800, Patrick Pelletier wrote:
>> On 11/9/16 5:06 AM, Tom Ellis wrote:
>>> If you get your package into Stackage then the docs will be built there too,
>>> and it's probably more reliable.  I uploaded a new version of Opaleye
>>> yesterday and the docs haven't been built by Hackage yet but they have been
>>> built by Stackage.
>> I get your point, but I don't really like seeing the suggestion that
>> Hackage should be abandoned because Stackage is better.
> I never suggested that!

I apologize; I know that's not exactly what you said, and I shouldn't
have put words in your mouth.  I think I was just expressing frustration
with a general feeling I get sometimes that stack / Stackage /
haskell-lang.org are trying to replace cabal / Hackage / haskell.org
instead of complement them.  But I misspoke in attributing that to you.
Sorry.

--Patrick