[Haskell-cafe] Getting Haddock docs onto Hackage (using Stack)

de Buitléir, Amy amy at nualeargais.ie
Thu Nov 10 17:29:42 UTC 2016

A package I uploaded to Hackage a week ago still has no docs. (It says
"Docs pending" and "Build status unknown".) What is the best way to get
Haddock documentation for a package onto Hackage if you are using Stack?

Once upon a time, it used to be built automatically after the package
was uploaded, and if it wasn't, you could find out the reason why by
checking the build logs. When that stopped working, I used a script
called hackage-docs.sh that I got from somewhere.

But now I've migrated from Cabal to Stack, and the old script no longer
works. I can modify it to work with Stack, but is there a better way?
Should I instead use the "delete documentation and trigger rebuild"
button on Hackage?

Here's the package in question:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/grid-7.8.7