[Haskell-cafe] Package metadata format - notes from discussion

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:05:09 UTC 2016

For reference, I have organized the major points of the discussion that
happened earlier on haskell-cafe regarding package metadata format (cabal
vs yaml, vs toml, vs hs). Take a look at this:

https://github.com/harendra-kumar/package-metadata

In my opinion, in the short term it might help if the cabal format is
improved, the parser is modularized and detached from the cabal tool itself
so that it can be used independently by any other tools wishing to do so.
For long term possibility of change of format, I do not intend to pursue or
investigate it further at this point of time but others who are interested
are free to do so.

-harendra