[Haskell-cafe] GHCJS Bad first impression

Alexander Kjeldaas alexander.kjeldaas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:51:22 UTC 2016

The culprit is that GHCJS isn't released.  This again means that the stack
project doesn't want to support it (yet).  This is unfortunate, but the way
things are.

(In addition to GHCJS not being released, I'm guessing that there is no FP
Complete customer using ghcjs yet)

I wouldn't recommend using nix for this, as when you work with ghcjs,
you'll likely need to be on the bleeding edge anyways.  I don't see what
issue nix solves in this, but it does add an extra level of complexity.

If you want to use stackage nightly (as lts is a bit stuck at the moment),
I can recommend the following which works for me:

resolver: nightly-2016-10-25

compiler: ghcjs-0.2.1.820161025_ghc-8.0.1
compiler-check: match-exact

setup-info:
  ghcjs:
    source:
      ghcjs-0.2.1.820161025_ghc-8.0.1:
          url:
http://tolysz.org/ghcjs/untested/ghc-8.0-2016-10-25-nightly-2016-10-25-820161025.tar.gz
          sha1: ca05f23ab6af89803a9fa8ce7241ebdd2eee7dae

Alexander