[Haskell-cafe] A Java bytecode interpreter written in Haskell

Erik Dominikus erik.dominikus71 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:21:54 UTC 2016

@Martin

Yes, it does it "live". No compilation, just interpretation.

Honestly, there was no strong reason for me to make a JVM, and I don't
have a plan. I just needed some ego boost over my fellow programmers.
So yes, it was just an involved and commendable exercise. You saw
through me... LOL...

(But it's licensed under BSD3 in case someone finds something
interesting to do.)

@Victor

Interesting idea. Yes, in principle we could implement a JVM where all
java.lang.Thread instances are green threads, and all IO operations
are nonblocking, just like GHC runtime, and this will allow Java
programmers to write code in the easiest way (just new Thread()
everywhere) without performance penalty.