[Haskell-cafe] Interacting with Java in GHCVM

Rahul Muttineni rahulmutt at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:56:20 UTC 2016

Hi David,

You can find the differences between GHCVM and Frege here:
https://github.com/rahulmutt/ghcvm/issues/3

The primary difference is that since we're using the GHC API, you'll have
the access to all the features of GHC Haskell (barring Template Haskell
which requires more effort).

Also, the interaction with Java is very different, see here:
https://gist.github.com/rahulmutt/355505bce57c7c2cffd7d4cf5edddad4

Thanks,
Rahul

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 1:46 PM, David Escobar <davidescobar at ieee.org>
wrote:

> What about Frege? Haskell on the JVM with interop to Java libraries...
>
> https://github.com/Frege/frege
>

> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Rahul Muttineni <rahulmutt at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Haskell-Cafe,
>>
>> I've been working on a JVM backend for GHC [1] and I took some time to
>> flesh out a design for the Java FFI [2] which will pretty much decide
>> whether the project will be useful or not. I would love feedback from the
>> community on how to improve the design or requests for important interop
>> features that I have neglected.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rahul Muttineni
>>
>> [1] http://github.com/rahulmutt/ghcvm