[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: accelerate-typelits

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Fri May 20 14:57:33 UTC 2016

> Martin Heuschober <epsilonhalbe <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I want to announce my first haskell project big/clean enough so I
> consider it possibly useful to others - accelerate-typelits is a
> library that provides vectors/matrices in a typesafe way - i.e. The
> dimension of the entities are stored on type level as (Nats).

> It is available on hackage
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate-typelits as well as on
> github https://github.com/epsilonhalbe/accelerate-typelits.

I would be happy to get some feedback.

- Martin

Hi Martin

How does this differ from Numeric.LinearAlgebra.Static?

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hmatrix-0.17.0.1/docs/
Numeric-LinearAlgebra-Static.html

http://dis.um.es/~alberto/hmatrix/static.html

I use this extensively e.g. here is an extended Kalman filter implementation:

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/Kalman-0.1.0.1/docs/Kalman.html

With this I get speed (BLAS) and safety :-)

Dominic.