[Haskell-cafe] How about a special syntax for generalised (= MonadPlus) comprehension?

Alexey Muranov alexey.muranov at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:23:05 UTC 2016

Ok.

My motivation for suggesting a special syntax for MonadPlus comprehension
was that, generally speaking, it feels weird that in the standard Haskell
there is a special syntax for a unique data structure. Even Python has it
for lists, dictionaries, and sets. I understand well the motivation for
leaving list comprehension on its own, but having simultaneously a similar
syntax for a more general purpose would make it less weird IMO.

Alexey.