[Haskell-cafe] ANN: new #haskell-atom channel, Atom setup doc

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon May 16 21:26:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Recently I helped a newcomer set up Haskell and Atom (the text
editor/IDE - not the embedded systems DSL), and also for the first time
succeeded in getting a "modern IDE experience" working with my own
projects. I've saved my notes so far - I hope you'll also find them useful:

https://github.com/simonmichael/haskell-atom-setup

In the process I found some issues, looked for help in many places, and
wished the #haskell-atom IRC channel existed. So I've started it:

#haskell-atom on Freenode

I'm an Emacs man, but I try all the available Haskell IDEs periodically.
Atom is the first one where I've succeeded in getting inline error
reporting working, and it's the only one I could recommend to a new
programmer or a mainstream IDE lover right now. So I think this channel
is worth having, and will grow. All welcome!

Best,
-Simon