[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] process-extras-0.4.1

David Fox dsf at seereason.com
Sat May 14 21:32:44 UTC 2016

I thought I should announce the process-extras package, available from
hackage <https://hackage.haskell.org/package/process-extras>.  It extends
the process reading functions in System.Process to allow output types
ByteString and Text, both strict and lazy.  It also provides a function
readCreateProcessLazy that can read from processes whose output is infinite
- the regular readProcess functions block until they find EOF.  There are
also some new usage examples in the README.md file.

This package has a long history, so if you are familiar with an older
version you may want to take another look.

Best,

David Fox